Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everest II and the 2007 International CES: January 8-11, Las Vegas

(my OT post is deleted - this thread is about Everest II, and nothing else belongs here...)
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Regardless you are damned lucky to have them..hence my reference.

Maron Horonzakz
    Widget....A question about Everest II.....The mid horn seems quite wide..Did JBL publish a polor plot on it. Does it narrow at the higher frequencies....Did any one do a walkaround to see if it beamed? I notice in the picture looking down the throat ,,,No septa vanes. How were they able to achieve an even pattern? I notice the mid horn is made in two parts...The section connected to 476 driver & the large section on face of cabinet...Any details?

it is all sow interesting to see how close the speaker where to the back wall

where they far away from side walls how big a room was it

seems it they took in consideration (design) the restriction of conventional room placements

Did some of you ask some of this perspectives with Mr GT
    I like room acoustics and it would be very interesting to learn how thy take in to perspectives this problematics

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    I notice in the picture looking down the throat ,,,No septa vanes. How were they able to achieve an even pattern?
    The same way they have been doing it with their studio monitors, theater speakers, and PA speakers since the '80s. It is a very large bi-radial horn. Bi-radials do not need vanes to give a very even and well controlled polar pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    I notice the mid horn is made in two parts...The section connected to 476 driver & the large section on face of cabinet...Any details?
    It is made that way for manufacturing reasons.

Widget

Maron Horonzakz
    Widget....Thank you for your quick reply....I didnt get a chance to go to the CES this year....It will be extreamly hard to find a working display in this country...No one will want to keep that costly inventory on the floor for very long....But maybe one day ill get a chance.

MJC
    Has anyone heard the Everest in a 3 channel stereo setup?
    As I remember from when they were premiered in Tokyo, someone had mentioned that during the first weekend they had sold 4 sets of 3 units. I would assume the means as LCRs.

I am not aware of anyone who has actually heard 3 channel yet. I have done 4 channel here at Northridge briefly when I actually had 4 systems at one time. The result was unreal. Several sets of "3" have been ordered, but not filled as yet. One Japanese reviewer has 5 on order to go with his 200" screen. We are putting 3 pieces in our Home Theater room here at Northridge. We have the units set aside but have not been able to install as yet.

A note/correction on order quantities. We have shipped 150 pieces so far. We owe Japan another 150 pieces. We owe the rest of Asia 30 pairs. With CES, we have just introduced the system to the US. Similar events are happening in Europe concurrently. We hope availability in Europe and the US will be possible beginning in early spring. We are expecting the 1st year total to be around 600 systems. That is 4 times our original estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by gtimbers View Post
    We are expecting the 1st year total to be around 600 systems. That is 4 times our original estimates.
    Congratulations!

After hearing them, I guess those numbers shouldn't be such a surprise.

Widget

Obsolete
    That is 4 times our original estimates.
    Excellent!

And thank you for the reply.

I am not aware of anyone who has actually heard 3 channel yet. I have done 4 channel here at Northridge briefly when I actually had 4 systems at one time. The result was unreal. Several sets of "3" have been ordered, but not filled as yet. One Japanese reviewer has 5 on order to go with his 200" screen. We are putting 3 pieces in our Home Theater room here at Northridge. We have the units set aside but have not been able to install as yet.

A note/correction on order quantities. We have shipped 150 pieces so far. We owe Japan another 150 pieces. We owe the rest of Asia 30 pairs. With CES, we have just introduced the system to the US. Similar events are happening in Europe concurrently. We hope availability in Europe and the US will be possible beginning in early spring. We are expecting the 1st year total to be around 600 systems. That is 4 times our original estimates.
    That really is excellent news. I hope at an a propos time those of us struggling with Performance Series or Project Array gear can get a listen at Northridge.

I hope this persuades Harman International in building and investing in R&D for future jbl project's

Nice work nice numbers Geat Speakers

I hope that bodes well for the future prospects of other higher end JBL home hifi products being "re-introduced" to the US marketplace.

Congratulations on your exceeded success, Greg.
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

MJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    That really is excellent news. I hope at an a propos time those of us struggling with Performance Series or Project Array gear can get a listen at Northridge.
    Yes, a listen at NR. Now Dome and I and a couple of others have to settle with PS

I have to say I'm not surprised by the sales - these things look even better in the flesh than the photographs. I was tempted without even hearing the damned things. I'd go so far as to say they almost qualify as a work of art and they make such a change from the industry norm. I think Daniel Ashcraft has excelled himself once again and JBL are very lucky to have such a creative mind to go with the technical briliance of Mr Timbers and his team

Now where to find some perspex....

Thread Information