Thread: D130 / 075 / N2400 Custom Box Job

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    this is for home use for now, but i am building a nice garage soon with a game room in it, pool table and so on. so when the pool table gets in i will be putting these in there. i know four of these will be loud, but as you all know, you dont have to turn the volume knob up hardly at all with this set of speakers like i would with the surround system i have. the reason i am planning on stacking is because i will have 4 of these, and dont have the room to spread them out everywhere. with just two i wont stack, with four i probably will. keep the comments rolling guys, i want the feedback, good and bad, thanks

man zilch, thats confusing lmao, any papers in laymans terms around hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by rrwalkertr View Post
    man zilch, thats confusing lmao, any papers in laymans terms around hehehehe
    Bottom line:

When two sound sources producing identical program are displaced relative to each other, they will combine to produce a unique interference pattern that depends on the observer's location. The interference pattern is a result of the different arrival times from the two sources.

In other words, it's a sonic trainwreck....

The other thought would be - do you currently have parts enough to build 4 of these - because I believe those drivers have gotten kind of valuable - it may be expensive to get 2 075s and 2 D130 for a second pair of them if you only have a pair now ... (you can build crossovers)

this is for home use for now, but i am building a nice garage soon with a game room in it, pool table and so on. so when the pool table gets in i will be putting these in there. i know four of these will be loud, but as you all know, you dont have to turn the volume knob up hardly at all with this set of speakers like i would with the surround system i have. the reason i am planning on stacking is because i will have 4 of these, and dont have the room to spread them out everywhere. with just two i wont stack, with four i probably will. keep the comments rolling guys, i want the feedback, good and bad, thanks
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

my dad bought 4 boxes housing 1 d130 and 1 075 in each alone with a n2400 in each when he was younger. He has had these ever since and took great care of them. he will be giving me the second pair sometime down the road, maybe when they build their new house and move. Then i will have 4 complete boxes each with a d130, 075 and n2400.

thanks zilch, what is a good distance for these speakers to be away from each other? like 3 to 6 feet?

The other question is this, should i build a box to house both d130s and just one 075? if there is something like that, that would help really enhance the sound here, let me know

thanks zilch, what is a good distance for these speakers to be away from each other? like 3 to 6 feet?
    For stereo? It depends upon the space and listener distance. The 075 beams ~30°, so they'll likely have to be toed in, in any case. Certainly, your illustration of a horizontal configuration with the two tweeters in the center is also, well, "unworkable."

The other question is this, should i build a box to house both d130s and just one 075? if there is something like that, that would help really enhance the sound here, let me know
    There's ways to configure dual woofers, but 075 would be a bad choice for the HF. D130s might work in that configuration, but recognize you're dealing with what ultimately became a musical instrument transducer there. It needs a sub....

So should i sell one of these 075s and buy a different tweeter? i really dont want to sell any of them, i could always replace the tweets later. i guess what i have to keep in mind is i want to build a cool box for these, i know it might not be the best setup, but when i build this i want to make this setup sound the best. i am working on a couple of ideas right now, i will post images later on, thanks again. is it bad to put the d130s close to each other also?

is it bad to put the d130s close to each other also?
    Recognize that the D130s are playing most of the midrange. 2400 Hz is a relatively high frequency, in terms of program content. You can't have them close together for stereo, no.

If you use two of them per channel, I'm saying there's ways to make a pair play together better than a single. Look at 4435 and the new Everest II, for example.

But that's not merely a matter of throwing them in a box together, nope....

Thread Information