Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2452H-SL in a 2-way

Quote Originally Posted by rs237 View Post
    I see a start attenuating around already at 1,5kHZ. Is it the horn or the driver?
    It's the combination, and you'll have to measure yours. You need at least minimal measurement capability like RTA to do this stuff. SPL meter and signal generator, maybe.

It is perhaps better to use the 2435HPL?
    Not with respect to lower cutoff, I wouldn't think. 2452H-SL is a 4" large format driver, and 2435HPL 3" medium format. I've probably posted measurements of both using 2352 horns here somewhere.... :dont-know

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    OK 2426 is about 110db on a 2370

http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...2426/page2.jpg

Rob
    Put a milliwatt into it and measure it at 1m and then add 30 dB to get the SPL 1W, 1m
    It is perhaps better to use the 2435HPL?
    No. It exhibits an even tougher curve to work with.

Thanks to all of you for the answers.

regards
    juergen

Thumbs up Yup

Didn't have parts for the spike killer, but:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Not with respect to lower cutoff, I wouldn't think. 2452H-SL is a 4" large format driver, and 2435HPL 3" medium format. I've probably posted measurements of both using 2352 horns here somewhere.... :dont-know

thanks zilch ,
    I have found it.

regards
    juergen

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Didn't have parts for the spike killer, but:
    Both the 2435 and 2452 exhibit that little dip at ~ 3 kHz. You can affect it somewhat with a broader notch but I'm not real sure it's necessary. You can do alot if you throw enough parts at something.

You might want to run plots of all four of your drivers through that filter to see what happens. If you save files you can easily compare the plots with each other, for instance 64 with 43. You can compare your "hard way" with just one solution from LEAP - you can probably sit around forever and play with the various notch filters, adjusting breadth, depth and location. Obviously what you really have to do is listen to it all and become familiar with how various changes sound and stick with the sound you like best.

It is really tough to get the 2435 to 1 kHz on that waveguide but I did it with a broad notch and nearly 20 dB of loss (the 2452 only loses something like 15 dB). I'll actually listen to it someday when I have time and see what I think of it.

What I'd like to see is a plot of the TAD bolted onto that waveguide... I would want to see if that 3 kHz dip went away.

Surprising:

Good to 875 Hz, perhaps a bit lower, with LE14A on 24 dB/Octave L/R active XO, CX3400:

Obsolete
    Cool!

I can't imagine wasting that nice, expensive top end with an old LE14A though...

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Cool!

I can't imagine wasting that nice, expensive top end with an old LE14A though...
    I'll wheel out some LE14H-3s next, but first, I pursued how low I could play this combination. It seems to be behaving purely as a waveguide, i.e., no horn coloration down to the natural rolloff, which shocked me the frist time I dialed the frequency around. I'm accustomed to horns sounding nasty at some point as I dial it down, which is not happening here.

Tell me how to measure distortion, please. I set the Auto Delay @ 1 kHz. The SPL is my normal listening volume here (bottom). Is the the -35 dB 2nd harmonic from the 2452H-SL and PT waveguide terrible between 725 Hz and 1.5 kHz there? I sure don't hear it.... :dont-know

The lower you go the more diaphram excursion, more excursion higher numbers. If you look at Geedes Distortion Coefficient low order distortion in compression drivers is simply not a concern up to max power. That his findings. Check out his site. www.gedlee.com I still would not run them too low there is no reason too. I would think 800hz would be fine. Measure each driver seperately to see what the compression driver is doing alone.

Rob

Thread Information