Quote Originally Posted by SMKSoundPro View Post

I gotta tell ya, it ain't too shabby. I drive it, alot and definitely is doing everything I want it to.

Scottyk.
I DRIVE MY SYSTEM, and I DRIVE IT HARD AT TIMEs, VERY! And yet, it is clear maintains it's composure and remains distortion free, and HITS LIKE A SPEEDING FREIGHT TRAIN!

I let my TAD-1603,s go all the way down and roll off naturally, the TAD,s FS is 28hz, and I KNOW my cabinets DO NOT GO down that low, but when we wouild crossover and roll off the 15,s above 35hz, NOPE, TOO THIN SOUNDING!

AND I DON'T BLOW 15,s, either. I also, personally, am NOT fond of 4th order slopes and filters, too unnatural sounding.

I come from the days when NYC had Studio54, and The Paradise garage, and RICHARD LONG MADE THE BEST CLUB SOUND, EVER!

I copied him to a degree, WE HAD HIM in Eldorado in 1986, PHENOMENAL SOUND!

My system is a MAMMOTH! But it's sweet sound, and very lucid, too!

Now, The Crown DC-300A will be a warmer sound than the macro tech series, macros are good for bass, YES, but NOT my choice for high frequencies.

Your 2445,s? H or J, 8 ohm or 16?

I always used 16 ohm compression drivers, NEVER felt the need for more.

The D-150A, I used that for years on the six 2395/2441,s, but, with todays music, you need a bit more, I found my thrill with the DC-300A. I had Bryston, Mcitntosh, BGW, MacCormack, QSC, on my horns, I dunno, I gotta have a Crown, BUT up high, I like the older crowns, down low, I LOVE THE NEW CROWNS!

What mixer do you use for DJ,s in your system? Im an old Bozak and Urei man, but these days I am using a Rane 2016A, works well, too! I had a BSS EQ, a pair of KT,s, a pair of Rane EQ,s, I ran back to my White 4200A,s, I have combination of vintage and new, and IT ROCKZZZZZZZZ!

When you gonna come to NY? I would loved to show you my system, and let you spin a few a few tunes as well.

You better hurry, CONEY ISLAND is NOT gonna around much longer, and Im sad about this, But..........

I learned life in THAT place My family and I built!