I bought a pair of 120's from a forum member a few years back. They are my "daily drivers" as they are on in my office all day while I work. They replaced - and sound very similar to - the 4410's I used to have up here. I originally lent them to a friend who was considering leaving the Klipsch fold. We spent a lot of time comparing them to his Forte's and while the 120's produced far superior bass, the mids and highs just did not have that transparency he had become accustomed to. Of course they aren't horn-loaded with 98db efficiency so it surely wasn't an apples/apples comparison. His wife loved them ("the Klipsches are always SHOUTING at me and are JUST TOO LOUD") but he decided to keep the Forte's. So much for WAF .

The 120's might be the best of the legacy JBL 12" 3-ways, but may not compare to a more modern design like the LSR32. If you like the sound of an L100T/t3, 4410, 4412, etc, you might want to check out a pair while they are still undervalued.

Or you might wish to pass knowing the 044Ti's in them may be living on borrowed time...depends on how you view this whole foam damper busniess.

jblnut