... Gordon Waters, and I live in Marietta GA, USA... about 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta GA.

I got my first JBL speakers in 1986, when I found a derelict pair of Lancer 33s, minus drivers. Being a typical teenager, I proceeded to mount a set of Becker drivers (8" woofer and 1" dome tweeter) in them. Sounded pretty decent, for what it was.

However, a year later, I got a job (car stereo installer) at a hifi store in northeast Atlanta, that was a JBL home and professional dealer. It was there, that I heard my first REAL JBL speakers- the 120Ti, L80T and 250Ti. If I needed convincing, that was all it took.

Since then, I've worked at several other car audio dealers, and finally now, at a high-end home audio dealer which also does extensive turntable and speaker repairs/restoration projects. As such, I get to see LOTS of different speakers. I've found and restored a number of "standard consumer" JBL speakers, including a number of L100s, L88s, L77s and L26s, and found some truly remarkable ones, including a pair of C36 Viscounts with D130s and 077s and a pair of L80T's (which I had ALWAYS WANTED, since first hearing them in 1987).

Currently, I'm rebuiding a BUNCH of JBL drivers for a friend, and a few for myself... as in, 4- 2240Hs, 2- 2225Hs, a 123A, a 2235, 2- 2245s, and 3 D120s. Most of these were rescued from abusive environments (almost all of them had been jarred hard enough to shift the magnets, which I'm shimming/aligning and re-bonding together), and will soon singing happily in better surroundings.

Regards,
Gordon.