Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
Are you using 4313b's crossover FQ's as a starting point ? Try running the 2245 higher up to 290 hrtz ?

Richard
Rich its really good to hear from you.Tried that already I have cards for 260hz but I did not like what I heard. So far I have no stuffing in my boxes which are a bit of an unconventional design, my guess is I'm getting some reflections off the rear of the cabinet and my listening room is adding its character to the sound. Firstly I,m trying to solve the internal back wall reflection of the 2245s boxes, I thought of using AFP100 Pro-Acoustic Pyramid Foam Pyramid Tiles but a not sure they will attenuate at the lower freq 160hz down. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Im very happy with the blend from the 2245s to the 2123 with them both in circuit there is not much loss if any at crossover up.
When funds allow I intend purchasing the Iwata 300 horns but even then I will keep away from trying to get them low. They will be a far better match rather than the 18 Sound XT1464 1.4" throat horn taken out to 2". In spite of some negative comments its the best sounding horn I've heard on my system 1600hz-8000hz

Dave