Okay...my next question...

Has anyone determined the D2's sensitivity (on the M2 wave guide)? Preferably 1W/1m. And if so, what was the bandwidth measured? While I had my rig set up to measure the sensitivity of the LF section of the M2 (I came to about 93dB at 1W/1m, which is close to JBL's 92dB and since I'm not in an anechoic chamber, I'm probably going to be a little high due to room gain since my response was not flat when I pulled the mic back 1m (it was pretty flat close-miced). I'm coming up with about 101dB 1W/1m for the D2 on the M2 waveguide. Of course, with a 32-Ohm driver, it takes a bit more voltage to get to 1W than the average driver. Then again, with that 11-Ohm resistor across the driver, you are sort of capped at just shy of 3.5W to the driver.

I'm wondering if the 101dB 1W/1m estimate is good. I see on the VTX-V25, using an entirely different horn/waveguide, JBL lists it as 116dB 1W/1m but with three drivers playing...that implies that each driver is contributing just over 111dB to the SPL and that each driver is rated for 200-Watts. On the VTX-F12, we have a single D2430K, still a 200W power rating but JBL muddies the waters by claiming a 108dB 1W/1m but qualifies it as 2.83V at 3.3-feet. 2.83V into a 32-Ohm driver is 1/4-watt. My personal measurements of the D2430K is that it is indeed 32-Ohms. On the VTX-F12 Tech sheet, they are claiming 20-Ohms, which I think is as much a misprint as the 20-Ohm figure as well as the 2.83V figure because even in 20-Ohms is still only 0.4-watts.

So I'm still coming up with about a 7dB spread between the M2 waveguide with the passive network versus a seemingly straight up D2 with a 90x50 waveguide. I can believe that given that much of the power going to the driver in the M2 is going into a resistor.

Anyone take any more definitive measurements of it?