Thread: Sad to say but this group forum is dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think it depends on who you are or where you live. JBL is still strong in the studio, record plants and broadcast industry. In the consumer market they are highly sort after in Japan and HongKong which is where the bulk sales are. I heard 3 pairs of DD67000 in peoples homes in HK. It was all about JBL. B&W are out there but having heard a marketing presentation at hifi show recently I think they are just cycling technology. Just Bling. The designs have not appreciably changed for a long time apart from some driver materials changes. If you are patient you can score drivers for some JBLs iconic systems.

The difference between the Euro diy drivers and JBL is the former are components for home bookshelf systems - HiFi sound. They will get you to 55 mph. They sound like loudspeakers. In other words compressed. The laws of physics control what you hear btw. The latter are for Texas bookshelf systems at studio monitoring levels. Real Sound. Incredible linearity. They will get you to 215mph. Nothing even comes close imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    I think it depends on who you are or where you live. JBL is still strong in the studio, record plants and broadcast industry. In the consumer market they are highly sort after in Japan and HongKong which is where the bulk sales are. I heard 3 pairs of DD67000 in peoples homes in HK. It was all about JBL. B&W are out there but having heard a marketing presentation at hifi show recently I think they are just cycling technology. Just Bling. The designs have not appreciably changed for a long time apart from some driver materials changes. If you are patient you can score drivers for some JBLs iconic systems.
    I am not sure what's the percentage JBL are in HK/Japan compared to other brands. My mom was looking for a new pair of speakers to replace her 20 yrs old custom made ones (which had a pair of LE15A in it). Since she likes the JBL bass I thought something in her price range and room size would be a pair of 4367. We found the distributor but their showroom displays other brands but not JBL! She finally found a pair at another retail location after asking around. Ppl have no problem finding other popular brands but JBL only carried by a handful of shops it seems.

In the end, she got a pair of very nice condition used one as the previous owner's room was too small for them. She end up really liking them.

Which bring to another point, on avg, HK/Japan don't have the room size for large JBL cabinets but yet they are popular there. Go figure.

...Your not the first one to start quoting your half arsed logic without having a fucking clue about anything to do with anything. So don’t let it bother you.
    Oh right that’s helpful.

There are many possible reasons this forum is dwindling in activity and this attitude just might be one of them.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Your not the first one to start quoting your half arsed logic without having a fucking clue about anything to do with anything. So don’t let it bother you
    Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Oh right that’s helpful.

There are many possible reasons this forum is dwindling in activity and this attitude just might be one of them.

Barry.
    +1
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I disagree with the OP about the forum being dead. seems like a troll.

I also disagree with a member who thinks AGE is not a factor in the forums slowdown.

currently running an age poll ==>> http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...010#post427010

that is showing 68% of respondents are 51 or older. I think that substantiated the points of age that I've already made.

OTOH ... unless the sites owner is pulling the plug because of a slowdown, then I think that the whole point is moot. Traffic cycles all the time.

The new owners of JBL are certainly NOT doing much to promote interest in the brand, so it's boiling down to legacy, pro & altec to generate interest.

As has been already said, many of the questions that need to be known have already been asked and answered.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...tor&highlight=

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ter&highlight=

Rubbish in = Rubbish out

I wish Miss Orchid was still around.......LOL

I wish Miss Orchid was still around.......LOL
    I was trying to remember his other alter-ego a couple of days ago. She was certainly the gentlest of his personas.
    Out.

Same here. Lancer was one of them.

The best times were when they were alternating responses in a thread...Lol.

I think Rob has a soft spot for her too.

Same here. Lancer was one of them.

The best times were when they were alternating responses in a thread...Lol.

I think Rob has a soft spot for her too.
    Lancer - wasn't that the G-man of whom you speak?
    Someone asked me the other day if he had died.
    I didn't think so - but I thought he left after Harman forced Greg Timbers into retirement ...
    Something about enjoying time with the grandkiddoes more than the ongoing fights here ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information