Quote Originally Posted by jbldd6600 View Post
I currently is running a JBL 4350AWX and the HF is clean, detail and just beautiful , however the LF seems to be lacking clarity and that round glorious bass,
I am currently running a...
Changing amps may help, but I would look at the room, room placement, and even the woofers in your speakers.

The original woofers in your system would have been the 2231A. At a minimum the surrounds will have been replaced a few times over the years. Assuming the speakers were used as intended, the spiders may be worn out by now. Alternatively the woofers may have been swapped out and 2235H woofers installed or 2235H recone kits installed in the old alnico frames. Either of these would be the recommended path, but even these would likely be older and worked on also. If you have the older 2231A frames with their alnico magnets, then you may also need to have the magnets recharged as they can get partially demagnetized when over-driven.

Lastly, in my personal opinion a pair of new 2235H woofers in a 4350 cabinet does not offer the best bass I have ever heard.

Widget