Thread: 4350 Amps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    after trying dozens and dozens of amps I think the jbl sound good with amplifications that do not double the power to decrease the load, so pure class A or output transformers.
    if necessary you can easily bi-amplify.after trying dozens and dozens of amps I think the jbls sound good with amplifications that do not double the power to decrease the load, so pure class A or output transformers.
    if necessary you can easily bi-amplify.

Hi KTG,

I owned 4350A on 2 occasions. Like many I thought the optimal setup would be to drive the top with tubes and bottom with SS. But somehow this setup does not allow me to crank it up, the sound always sounded wrong (at least based on my experience).

My best experience is to biamp with identical amps, vertically. That means an amp for Channel 1 the highs and lows, and another amp for channel 2 highs and lows. I get the most coherent sound from the 4350s , meaning the highs and lows seemed to integrate seamless into a whole.

Try Roy it and let us know.

I think using the same brand of amp and model supports the same amplifier character which came deliver a more uniform presentation.

My current amp is the Parasound 160+160 model. It’s more neutral than my previous Passlabs X250.5 and delivers what’s in the vinyl grooves better than any amplifier l have used previously.

The problem to my mind is that so called hi end amplifiers often have a house sound to signify or differentiate the brand from another. These boutique brands wax the audiophile ears with what they want to hear “after” they read the Stereophile review praising how nice it sounded.

With loudspeakers as accurate as the JBL monitor it makes sense deploy and accurate amplifier ad opposed to a load of 2nd harmonic “sugar” coated sound.

Thread Information