Thread: JBL D2430K Available

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Take a look at this post by Earl. The forum is still broken and Earl found a way to make it less broken: https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...l=1#post442784

Widget
    Thanks.

I will try it.

(and it works )

OOPs

In my previous post I called POS Rob. My apologies for messing up your name. One of those senior moments.

Progress

Attached is an REW graph showing where I am so far.1st graph is the M2 the second graph is the 4344. I still have a lot to learn about measurements but am becoming more comfortable in the basics. Any input would be appreciated. I measured using a MiniDSP umik-1 mic Measurement was 3 foot from the left speaker with the mic 12 inches from the floor and pointed to the middle of the speaker. I have a tripod coming which will help improve my measurements. I am using a MiniDSP Flex. I have a Parasound 21+ for the lower band an a Parasound 23+ for the upper band.

I would like to thank POS for the settings documented in his excellent paper on the JBL M2 crossover. I did use the ACD spreadsheet to construct the biquads for the 36db linkwitz lower crossover based on his recommendation and confirmed with the Linkwitz -Riley website. There were numerous people in the massive M2 threads that were of immense help and I appreciate it.

One thing I learned using Windows 11 is there are all kinds of enhancements that are turned on by default. After turning off the enhancements I started to get readings that made more sense.

Robh asked me for an opinion between the M2 and 4344. IMHO the M2 is more refined with great detail especially percussion reproduction with a well focused sound stage. On the other hand the 4344 with a 2441 and 2311 horn is slightly more exciting with a more in your chest bass and an articulate high end. Voices are well defined. Of course this may change as I finish dialing the M2 in which in my case may take years. I have Dirac capability and as soon as my tripod comes in I will try my hand at room correction.

Regards
    Al
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information