Those are indeed some strange looking speakers, right up my alley. I am skeptical of the bass response as well, I'd imagine based on the literature they're down just 4dB at 30hz? I find that a little hard to believe given that my L150A's weren't flat down to 20hz as advertised (rolled off quickly after 34hz) and that the XPL200's I've got are rated -6dB at 35hz.. No idea what my current system does with it's enormous 18's and large cabinets, but even those require the BX63 type crossover which gives a +6dB bump at something like 29 hz, hence my skepticism.

Anyway, have you or anyone else ever listened to a set of Infinity Column II's? Years ago there was a set for sale locally that I wish I pulled the trigger on. Nice looking cabinets with glass tops. They also sported a 10" doped woofer in it's own enclosure. Everyone who reviewed them online said the bass response was impressive. The weird piezo tweeter and play-doh on the woofers kept me at bay while the L150A's I saw for sale got my bread instead. Now that those are gone, I wonder how things would've been had I went with the Infinities...