Thread: JBL L212 towers - why not - stacked!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I personally love Heather's experiments which are at the heart of this thread. What I'm hoping to accomplish with my "collection" is to provide an environment where many different JBLs can be compared equitably to each other as well as a few strays from other manufacturers. It won't be perfect but it should answer the questions, "are the 10-inch 3-way JBLs better than the 12-inch 3-ways", "why are the original L100 both revered and hated", "is an L5 equivalent to the revered L112—or better", "can the L150A stand up to the 250ti", "does the Pro3 Plus sound so damn good when compared to other JBLs", "is placement of the L7 as critical as others claim", "why can't the L80T3 hold a candle to the L96"?

In the general scheme of things, these are trivial questions. But the chance to hear such a variety of vintage and classic JBLs in the same room with the same amplification has always fascinated me. It will also help me to separate the wheat from the chaff and pare down the herd. Maybe.
    Obviously, it'll take more than 1 or 2 set of ears to reach conclusion on such audio Conundrums ....
    So, when is the next Mid-Virginia Listening party? Its been 13 years since this comparison at John's place!
    Mark has moved away, but John is still somewhat local, and I bet Jim would be interested ...
    So, is there a suitable room in C-ville?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by hjames; 08-03-2023 at 09:13 AM.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information