Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
Here is the photo progression of my project. Cabinets were glued with Titebond 2 and Spax MFD specific screws. I originally started out with using 1"x2" strips of particle board for bracing. After some recommendation I moved over to using Baltic Birch to achieve a better brace matrix. The particle boards were glued and screwed so they stayed in. With the extra volume they took up I was unable to brace exactly like the M2 in the top and bottom sections. Name:  IMG_3719.jpg
Views: 19948
Size:  150.2 KBName:  IMG_3717.jpg
Views: 18722
Size:  132.9 KBNext came the primer to seal the inside. It's a 2 part epoxy primer and I sprayed 2-3 coats of it on. I taped certain sections of the cabinet and bracing I could properly glue and screw baffle on.Name:  IMG_3723.jpg
Views: 17498
Size:  108.8 KBNext came the dampening material. I was unable to locate the Owens Corning stuff POS recommended locally. I then was recommended two other options. Wrap on 16550 Bulk Roll Fiberglass or get the regular pink stuff from Home Depot and make it 1". My original plan was to use the Wrap on stuff but I realized I already had a roll of the pink stuff and figured I'd better use it since I've been storing it for this occasion. Name:  IMG_3732.jpg
Views: 17251
Size:  176.5 KBI left the horn cutout process till after the baffle was installed because I wanted to be sure the horn was in the correct place.Name:  IMG_3741.jpg
Views: 17165
Size:  169.8 KB
I would dampen the internal cabinet walls with metallic plates glued with silicon, after the paint, make a stronger frontal baffle, two mdf sandwiched with roofing tar, and silicon gaskets. Done with my projects and the gain in definition, clarity, attack is enormous.