Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
Indeed, on Erin's measurement you can see that the 305p has a limiter set somewhere between 96 and 102dB SPL at 1m, as the 102dB SPL curve is buried down low.
I bet the 308p can go a few dB higher.

I'd be curious to see similar measurements for the LSR32 as its woofer has an integrated brake system.
But that is utterly off topic, sorry for the digression

Back on the topic of compression drivers, did you ever measure a difference between the different 1.5" cores?
When I compared a few of these 12 years ago I remember that the 2452 core sounded way worse to my hears compared to the 2450SL one (less "realistic" dynamic), both equipped with the exact same diaphragm.
I don't know if this was due to the magnetic field ("optimized" at half the weight, both neo), the smaller back cap or the somewhat shorter phasing plug.
That might also just be my personal bias (bigger=better)... or my failure to reliably/consistently install diaphragms

Hello pos

No I have never compared the cores. Never had the opportunity. I only own 2 pairs of large format drivers the 476Mg's and a pair of 2453Sl's. I got them at different times and never compared them one on one. The way the 2453Sl's are built you can't swap as the the back cap and diaphragm are one piece. The ultimate cost savings I would guess. Use them from 1.5K and up and they sound great.

Rob