We were watching the local evening news and they featured a violinist with the National Symphony Orchestra, with a nearly 300 year old "fiddle" on loan from the conductor.
Raffi our cat was laying on the floor - and she did a serious swivel head once the violinist started playing. I thought she was going to bolt from the room - she was greatly disturbed.
Classical Flute players put her off as well! (apparently not Ian Anderson or celtic flute players) ...

FWIW, my wife Emma is an enabler as well, she recommended I buy the Von Schweikert VR4s when they were demoed for us in Richmond many years ago - she even wrote the check!
But it seems a lot of audio fans are NOT as fortunate as we are with such supportive spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
I'm afraid I'm not catching the humor from the cartoon. My fiancée is the reason I own UREI 813C's, B460 clones, 811C's and now 809's. I'm guessing it isn't the norm to have a spouse whom supports the audio hobby?

..The dog one make sense, I guess. Of the systems I've listened to, there's too much midrange. That or it's poking fun at speaker systems which boast response up to 40khz.