We've had references to iPods in many threads, even Bo's poll (iPod Poll). Comments good and bad flowed back and forth. The point of this thread is to give actual iPod and iTunes users a place to exchange information, ideas, experiences, and tips.

If you want to take a shot at iPods, iTunes, or their users, please start a separate thread. Thank you.

Here's an interesting article from Stereophile about the iPod and the new iPod Hi-Fi.

http://www.stereophile.com/news/030606menace/

Today I bought my third iPod, a 512MB iPod Shuffle. I'll use this for the ol' treadmill, weight lifting, and aerobic work. I find the bulk of the other iPods to be distracting, and the screen is a nuisance in this application. The feather light, screenless iPod Shuffle should fill the bill nicely.

My iPod universe currently contains a 1G (5GB) iPod on loan to my GF, an iPod Photo (30GB), and the new iPod Shuffle. I have an iPod Dock for my main system, and an Airport Express on the main system to stream music from iTunes on my PowerBook to the FAP T1+, FAA1000.5 (two of them) and JBL Performance Series. At work, I've got the JBL Creature II hooked into my PowerBook for iTunes play, and an iPod Dock direct into the Carver, Soundcraftsmen, and JBL 4430/B360 system.

In the shop/garage I use the Griffin iTrip to broadcast to the three receivers there when running the various speakers, and on the road the iTrip does its duty there as well.