Thread: Please keep your political commentary out of the public forums. Thanks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Greetings, All,

Interesting comment, Brutal. Did I miss something, or was something said that was mean-spirited?? I certainly hope not. As for myself, I dearly love exchanging ideas, on a variety of topics, political, and religious, as well as just about anything else. BUT, I never engage in arguing, or exchanges filled with venom and hate, just because folks don't agree with my own thoughts on such things. Nothing could be less productive, nor more harmful, as far as I'm concerned!

My wife and I tend to be fairly conservative, but as a former pro musician of almost 30 years, we have many long-time, and very dear friends, who are on the other side of the fence on many things we hold dear. Does this make even the slightest problem in our friendship? Not on your life!! We value and appreciate our friends, and most certainly admire their own convictions, just as they admire our own!! All of us pretty much agree, that pointless arguing, to the point of anger, is absolutely worthless, and so we all agree that we simply won't go there. But, that does not keep us from having some lively debates, on occasion. No name-calling, no hateful and mean-spirited comments, NONE of that is allowed, and none of our true friends would even consider going there!! But, countless times, over the years, we've certainly learned a lot from talking to good friends of different belief systems, just as they have learned from us, too!! That is how it should be, as far as we're concerned.

I'm sorry if someone offended you by a political comment, and I most certainly hope it was not me! Can't remember having made any such comments, but at my advanced age, who knows...... In any case, hope all is well with you, and that whatever happened to cause your original comments, it's all repaired and better, now! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    Hi Doc....Just curious of your "professional musician career"...where for who? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Hi Doc....Just curious of your "professional musician career"...where for who? Thanks

Morning, Neanderthal,

Thanks for asking about it! Are you, or were you, a musician, too?

I played music in most all the clubs and hotels down in San Diego for many years. Went on the road for the first time in 1969, with "mixed" results. Later, I got into a traveling band, and for eleven months of the year, for five years, we were on the road, playing show and dance clubs, border to border, coast to coast. We eventually ended up working the Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Reno circuit, and opened for such acts as: Lou Rawls, Donna Summer, Roger Miller, Jimmy Buffet, Blood-Sweat-And-Tears, The Sunshine Company, Sopwith Camel, Taz Mahal (S/P), and many others. I ended my full-time career by playing in a house band (with very good friends) on the Harbor Cruise Boats, out of San Diego. It was a good career, and I miss playing music, quite a bit. However, I really did see some of the worst, along with some of the best times whilst so playing!! Drugs took a HUGE toll during those years, and even though I, personally, never indulged in such things (hell, I didn't even begin drinking BEER until I was 50 years old!), I watched many good friends die, and otherwise come to complete ruin, because of their choices back then!! Bittersweet memories, that's for sure. I played drums and sang lead vocals, both from behind my trap-set, and later as our front man/vocalist. I love Latin percussion, and play most of that stuff, too, as well as two horns. Tight vocal harmonies, and complex poly-rhythmic stuff always did it for me, especially when lots of good horns were added to the mix!! So, that's my story. What's your's, if you don't mind sharing? Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (who continues to "play music", only now, it's 18th century stuff, done on whistles, fifes, and flageolettes, at Living History events! Fun!!)
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thread Information