Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
Hi Tom,

RE "dual cam 32 valve V8 (AFAIR)"

Isn't that a Northstar Caddy engine? If so, don't worry we won't tell the taxman that you drive a Caddy! Mine not as thirsty, only 4 cyl. 1.4L turbo Ecotec, not really enough to worry about gas prices here at 5 bucks a gallon, nor to have the taxman at my door....
The BMW M60 is a naturally aspirated V8 petrol engine which was produced from 1992 to 1996. It was BMW's first V8 engine in over 25 years.
The M60 engine has double overhead camshafts with four valves per cylinder.[3] The camshaft is driven by a dual-row timing chain[4] with a self-adjusting tensioner. Valves had hydraulic lash adjustment to reduce maintenance. The ignition and fuel injection systems are controlled by the Bosch Motronic 3.3 system, and the ignition system is a coil-on-plug design with knock sensors.[5][6]

To reduce weight, the engine uses aluminum for both the engine block and cylinder head, magnesium valve covers[7] and a plastic intake manifold

>>RE "inherit that next year as the wif is not going to pass the vision test next time around."
Really sorry to hear this, sight is probably one of the last things I'd want to lose or see going. Plus not being able to drive the car = loss of ones independence, that's a big issue. Regards,Richard<<<

We have a new Subaru Outback that we both really enjoy. it's hers and I drive the old pickup. She is 70 also and has cataracts. We all know she won't pass a vision test in 9/2021 (when her license expires) ... Her friends have scared her out of eye surgery. We have been together almost 50 years and I will do whatever needed to maintain her safety & happiness.