Thanks for the 375EX info.

Interesting development regarding a previous post of mine here: "For example which JBL/Fender is comparable to say a 2225 isn't an easy determination in absence of full specs and TS. I assume one would need to test it with DATS 3 or similar."

Well, i found a way to mitigate the little specs/TS hurdle with regards to JBL OEMs. Cross-referencing some JBL lists now i know which driver recone JBL designates for the OEMs it made, in addition to the previously known ones with a JBL sticker. JBL made OEM driver(s) for a number: Fender, Dukane, Peavey, Ampex, Heath, etc.

That's a step forward to put some meat on the OEM bone. A part number or 15" black or orange says nothing about driver type (LF, Mid, etc.) and intended duty, though size may give some clue. But the use of a specific recone does provide more info on driver type and use (e.g. only, a 2235H recone would point in the direction of a woofer for VLF reproduction).

Actually i found some more JBL/Fender drivers, i had mentioned about 15 of them, but now its more in the 17-20 range. That range is due to more recones than drivers, may be caused by more than one recone option for some model(s)?. When i get time i need to look into that aspect.

So from an OEM driver ID number its possible with lists to get a JBL specified recone , and the latter will provide some indication on driver type/duty: e.g. E140 recone = MI type, Bass guitar or general purpose LF. This somewhat opens the door to alternative driver acquisitions, knowing its a JBL, has a few specs, and type plus duty known.

TODD: familiar with Dukane speakers? Private brand? JBL did many OEMs for them too. Pretty sure they were not distributed in Canada? Can't recall seeing that name here.

Richard