Thread: CROWN PSL-2 (Straight Line Two)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    We went by their facility, but, there were signs on the door that it was not a public space, and some guy with a heavy russian accent said go to the loading doc
    and he'd bring the amp there for me to pick it up. Frankly, I wasn't going to pay for it unless I could at least run some signal through it and make sure it was actually working.
    That didn't look to be happening - didn't seem like they were going to offer me a place to plug it in.
    I think he was trying to be friendly, but it felt like customer service was lacking!
    "I got a bad feeling about this ..." so we just got back in the car, just bailed, and left the amp with them.

Sadly, the Jewish grocery store I remember was under new owners and nowhere near its former glory (the deli no longer existed no ruebens!) ...
    But the tropical plant shop afterwards was very cool - A large number of greenhouses behind a rural house ...
    I got a mid-sized Pony Tail palm plant, and Emma found a prayer plant and a succulent.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Yeah, Phil sent me an aside that Crown recommendation is to set Vol at 12:00 and control vol with preamp etc ...
    Pretty much what I did with the JBL/UREI amps on the 4341 system and similar power amps I've had in the past.
    Still making my mind up whether I'm going to pick them up today.
    But I promised Emma a stopover at a tropical plants shop, and an authentic type jewish supermarket/deli in Montgomery County ...

Agreed - thats what I would have expected. But, the one amp just needs 2 shafts.
    I've got a dremel so maybe I can fab up a pair of shafts if they're actually not there - and I have plenty of knobs with setscrews that go to 11
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information