Thread: Rip-off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In my opinion the In Through the Out Door album is LZ's weakest one. Jimmy Page heavily was on heroin when it was recorded and produced, John Bonham was on booze, as always. So Robert Plant and John Paul Jones had to do the major work. I don't like that much synthesizers there, JPJ obviously was eager to play with his new toys, especially the Yamaha GX monster. The song All My Love from it even reminds me of German Schlagers.

According to Chris Welch, Page said about this song many years later: »That wasn't us!«. He was right.

Best regards!

Cheesy keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    In my opinion the In Through the Out Door album is LZ's weakest one. Jimmy Page heavily was on heroin when it was recorded and produced, John Bonham was on booze, as always. So Robert Plant and John Paul Jones had to do the major work. I don't like that much synthesizers there, JPJ obviously was eager to play with his new toys, especially the Yamaha GX monster. The song All My Love from it even reminds me of German Schlagers.

According to Chris Welch, Page said about this song many years later: »That wasn't us!«. He was right.

Best regards!

Agreed: too many cheesy keyboards after all these monster albums!
    What about "The Crunge" and "Dancing Days" from "Houses of the holy"? Fantastic drum solo intros and after that....cheesy keyboards.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Well, both aren't that bad as All My Love. The Crunge is pure funk, featuring some synth, Dancing Days is quite a relaxed number featuring the Hohner Clavinet. I didn' want to say taht I don't like keys at all, but that dominant Yamaha GX on In Through.. isn't exactly what we expect from a testosterone powered cock rock band such as Led Zeppelin.

Best regards!

Thread Information