Thread: My new Westlakes

My new Westlakes

Just to follow up my earlier thread. I bought a pair of Westlake Lc6.75 for my bedroom and received them today. They are in great condition, really mint.

I hooked them up to my McIntosh 225 and its obvious they need more power..way more. Time to go shopping for another amp. Nevertheless, they still sound very good. The're tiny (see them next to my 4333s), but do not sound like small speakers at all.

Oh..just a bit off topic, I was at the Roger Waters concert here in Toronto last night, and it was just phenomenal! I wish my speakers sound like that!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hey, KevF, really cool! Nice to see those JBL's "lifted"....I am sure you noticed a difference . Nice set-up, I'll have to make a trip eastward sometime. Maybe I could bring over some tube amps with REAL POWER?
    Charles.

Oh..just a bit off topic, I was at the Roger Waters concert here in Toronto last night, and it was just phenomenal! I wish my speakers sound like that!
    I saw him at Jone Beach in the rain and it was just awesome. Great sound. He was running a Vertec system at the beach same up by you???

Like your speakers! They look nice on those stands!

Rob

Chas, you're more than welcome to drop by anytime. It always makes me jealous to see the LA guys having so much fun getting together.

Rob, yes, I think Roger Waters used Vertec here too. You know how you always read gear reviewers blab "oh when I close my eyes, it sounds like the singer is in the living room". Well, they've obviously never been to a great sounding concert. My stuffs sure doesn't make be think Roger Waters is sitting on my couch

Westlakes

They sound pretty big for something so small don't they!!

Ken

Thread Information