Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from a new member

Hi from a new member

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I'm new to the Lansing Heritage forum.

I'm usually hanging out over at the Klipsch 2-channel forum at www.klipsch.com a very active forum with a bunch of real nice guys.

I've always been a Klipschophile for as long as I knew what a speaker was, about 28 years now. I've been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan just as long.

I've always had an appreciation for the older JBL speakers. The quality of the drivers is what I really like. Great American speaker construction.

I'm the lucky owner of a pair of L100's and a pair of 4311's, and I'll be restoring these two pairs of speakers over the next couple of months. I thought some of you here might be interested in following the webpage that I've made up for the restoration project. www.dcchomes.com/JBL.html

I'm not doing a complete restoration, nor am I doing a faithful one. I'm doing what makes me happy, because it is just a hobby for me, one that gets me away from working all the time. But I will be doing some extensive work on the L100's, with a complete re-veneer in Sapele wood. I hope you enjoy the webpage.

Greg

Greg,

You are most welcome.

Your pages are most impressive. One day I will veneer my diy JBL's, I'm sure your instructions will prove very useful.

Ian

Hi, Greg, and welcome aboard!

I can't get to page 2 of your website for some reason today, but that's a couple of nice projects you've got going on there. You may want to review the L100 restoration several regulars worked on here for our raffle.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ead.php?t=2794

For example, one member has replicated the original foam grilles and sells them here. Looks like your frames are all ready for them! The ones you removed were likely from Radio Shack, which had imitations available up until a couple of years ago.

I'm interested in the reveneering process you're doing as well, so I'll check back for more info on how it's accomplished here!

Thank you Zilch and Ian.

I don't have the second page yet, sorry for the empty link. Hopefully it will be there soon.

I learned about an interesting way to veneer from an article in Fine Woodworking magazine and I've tried it on a few speakers with pretty good luck. I'm having a little trouble with bubbling and will need to keep working on the system. This link has the most detail on that system: www.dcchomes.com/Heresy.html

I'm not planning to use the original grill frames on the L100's, I have a different strategy in mind. You'll just have to wait and see!

Greg

Welcome aboard Greg!

I too have been a Klipschionado myself. I am more interested in the man, the myth, and the lore than the product though. Maybe we will be able to show you what can be accomplished with some of the high quality drivers in the Lansing stable.

I particularly like this shot on your Heresy thread.

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello Greg

Welcome aboard!

Rob

I Was raised in Cleveland, now reside [30 yrs] in Cincinnati. Hate the Steelers. Always have, always will. Never owned a Klipsh, never will. And I'm Irish.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Feel the love?

Hi

Are ya sure ya want to join this group of misfits?

Enjoy!

Nice work!

Welcome aboard!

scottyj

paragon

Klipsch

Yes, welcome,

We all want to know about Klipsch and similar old high power speakers ever build. Klipsch, the man who build the first low response cornerhorn.
    Still working today in many living rooms.
    You´re really welcome !

Eckhard

You guys really know how to make a newbie feel welcome!

Page 2 is up now.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph Don
    I Was raised in Cleveland, now reside [30 yrs] in Cincinnati. Hate the Steelers. Always have, always will. Never owned a Klipsh, never will. And I'm Irish.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Feel the love?
    Browns fan here, supposed to hate the Steelers; kinda like Cowers, and now Rothlisberger is a hometown boy; I knew his mom.............kinda hard not to root for them now...........unless they are playing Cleveland.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mikebake
    Browns fan here, supposed to hate the Steelers; kinda like Cowers, and now Rothlisberger is a hometown boy; I knew his mom.............kinda hard not to root for them now...........unless they are playing Cleveland.
    Born in Toledo, bought my first JBLs (L100 Centuries) at Woodville Appliance, went to grad school at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland, and spent a dissolute summer in Bar Harbor, Maine. There, tied it all together.

Welcome to the forum.
    Out.

Bump to let you all know that new pictures are up on my JBL 4311/L100 refinishing webpage.

www.dcchomes.com/JBL.html
    Greg

Welcome Greg!!

Beautiful job with the re-veneering the Klipsch's!!!

Thread Information