Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4716A Speakers

4716A Speakers

HI people - ive just aquired a pair of jbl sound power series 4716a monitor speakers made in denmark - i have the info sheet on them already - i would like to know if any one else owns a pair as i cannot get mine to work - ive tried my roland cube through them and you can barely hear anything -i think they were made in 1991? - also how much would these be to purchase today - Many Thanks

Tech Sheet

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Sou...ries/4716A.pdf

Where did you get these, and how were they used before? If they were in a distributed sound system, they may have transformers in them for a 70V or 100V system.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by carl lewis
    HI people - ive just aquired a pair of jbl sound power series 4716a monitor speakers made in denmark - i have the info sheet on them already - i would like to know if any one else owns a pair as i cannot get mine to work - ive tried my roland cube through them and you can barely hear anything -i think they were made in 1991? - also how much would these be to purchase today - Many Thanks
    Here is a set of 4726A's I picked up in the "tent" a while back. It's the same speaker as the 4716A with a 2206H instead of a 2123H. I believe I paid $350 each in the tent. They were new, but "B-stock". You'd probably be looking at $700 each new with a retail of around $900 - $1,000 per unit. There's no passive crossover built into the model I have. It requires you to use the number two and three +/- leads on an 8 conductor neutrik speakon connector in a biamplified system. I have used this speaker in a triamped sytem with an AS1025 dual 15" (2226J x 2) for the low end. That may be why the sound is poor.

Good Luck!

This message comes from JBL Dog

Smile

They are the very same speakers - the inputs at the back are not as low down on the unit , but more central

re-4716a

I got the speakers from a holiday resort in uk - they were used for playing childrens music through - they were a bit tatty but cleaned up well-thanks for reply - anymore info welcomed - Carl

JBL Dog
    They are the very same speakers - the inputs at the back are not as low down on the unit , but more central
    Doh! My 4726A's have a 2344/2426J instead of the 2342/2416H horn/driver combo you have!

Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog
    Doh! My 4726A's have a 2344/2426J instead of the 2342/2416H horn/driver combo you have!

Sorry!

Can you tell me what the circut board ( crossover) is there for - This set has 1 each - I think this set up is a 2123H / 2416H

Off Topic, but....

A-HA! That's what these horns are from with the ports in the back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...778930363&rd=1

Note the radiused notch outta the bottom....

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    A-HA! That's what these horns are from with the ports in the back:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...778930363&rd=1

Note the radiused notch outta the bottom....
    The horns in this set are different from e-bay ones - i will have to post some photos for y,all...

Yeah, your horns are smaller. Those be the ones in the Doggie's units.

Best I can suggest is to test each of the drivers individually. The crossover board is shown in the Tech Sheet I posted originally.

Are you able to drive other speakers outta the Roland output you're using? Are you sure it's an external speaker output?

[We ALWAYS like pics. Yup, yup....]

Yeah, your horns are smaller. Those be the ones in the Doggie's units.

Best I can suggest is to test each of the drivers individually. The crossover board is shown in the Tech Sheet I posted originally.

Are you able to drive other speakers outta the Roland output you're using? Are you sure it's an external speaker output?

[We ALWAYS like pics. Yup, yup....]
    Other speakers i have driven out the roland are low too - I usually play guitar out of the Rolandand in through laptop which is fine but other speakers are a no no - Im very new to this kind of amplification i have tried a speakon lead out of the roland into the jbl but got very low volume - many thanks for taking time to help Carl...

Yup,

Sounds like you're trying to use a line or headphone output on the Roland to run speakers. Ain't gonna work....

Find and link us to the description of the amp and the output you're trying to use....

Ooops. Here it is. You need an amp on that output to drive speakers:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/det...prodid=Cube+15

Sounds like you're trying to use a line or headphone output on the Roland to run speakers. Ain't gonna work....

Find and link us to the description of the amp and the output you're trying to use....

Ooops. Here it is. You need an amp on that output to drive speakers:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/det...prodid=Cube+15
    Thanks friend youve been really helpful - the amp is a 30 watt - but your still right - time to get an amp then - i gotta go now its 1am in the uk now and im in work tomorrow - again many thanks - maybe talk tomorrow - Carl

JBL Dog
    Can you tell me what the circut board ( crossover) is there for - This set has 1 each - I think this set up is a 2123H / 2416H
    Mine don't have a passive crossover, they have to be biamped. I'm crossing them over at 1200hz.

Thanks friend youve been really helpful - the amp is a 30 watt - but your still right - time to get an amp then - i gotta go now its 1am in the uk now and im in work tomorrow - again many thanks - maybe talk tomorrow - Carl
    Just aquired a HH V500 power amp unfortunatley without the fuse - hope to get one shortly - fingers crossed - sorry no pics yet!!!

Thread Information