Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pleasant Surprise

Pleasant Surprise

As some of you are aware Westlake is not in the habit of releasing much technical info on their systems. I was under the impression that these monitors having been rebuilt 5 years ago had a 2445 2" driver. While refinishing them several months ago I discovered they had 2441's not 2445's. Upon discovering this I contacted Westlake and informed them of the error in there initial
    respose to my inquirys. We subsequently discovered the initial person who looked up the serial numbers made a mistake.

I finally recieved from Westlake, a complete copy of all restoration work and was extatic to discover these 2441's and 2426's have Beryllium diaphragms that were custom made through JBL. I am somewhat tempted to open them up but would have to remove the whole front baffle to get at the driver. The bracing is in the way to remove them.

One happy fellow

Ken

Interesting. I like the 2441 better myself.

these 2441's and 2426's have Beryllium diaphragms that were custom made through JBL.
    Isn't that interesting. I hadn't thought that possible . I guess Westlake has a lot of clout .

Maron Horonzakz
    And alot of cash

Steve Gonzales

Precious Metals

Righteous! Sade' "SMOOOOOOTH Operator".

Wow!

I always said I love the 2441 above all others! regardless of brand.

BUT, I never knew JBL had OEM,ed Be diaphragms for the 2441 for Westlake!

Learn something new each day, thanks Ken!

They must really sound great!

scottyj

Maron Horonzakz
    Now we need to contact JBL & convince them To make a run of a hundred 2441 Be & 2450 Be diaphrams for us.

Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz
    Now we need to contact JBL & convince them To make a run of a hundred 2441 Be & 2450 Be diaphrams for us.
    You know the 2441 Be would be the greatest thing since sliced bread?

scottyj

You know???????

A reintroduction of the 2441, updated for the 21st century, the 2441 Be could be a very seriously good buisiness move for JBL!

If it was THAT good, they could probably sell many more than just a hundred!
    scottyj

Probably not as silly as it sounds, even for the 2426.

It would not be cheal though.

Where's Giskard?

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    You know the 2441 Be would be the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I know a guy who rolls his own. If there was interest I could find out what it would cost to have a run of these diaphragms made. He said he is also modifying the phase plug... I am not sure what he was doing there. I did hear his drivers and they were very smooth and detailed. He compared them to the TAD 4001 and he preferred his JBL 2440Be over the TADs.

Widget

Steve Gonzales

Ooooooohhh!!!!

Widget, I know a guy that rolls his own too, but not Be. . What a super idea and I agree that this combo would be to die for. Nice of you to offer this item.

BTW:Hey Scotty j, you would really have some output with those SIX 2395's huh?

Hey Steve,

The upgrade is a cool idea, but the problem is that so many folks complain about the standard AL diaphragm prices. Let's see how many are interested at realistic Be prices... think at least two to three times the AL prices.

Widget

Im interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget
    I know a guy who rolls his own. If there was interest I could find out what it would cost to have a run of these diaphragms made. He said he is also modifying the phase plug... I am not sure what he was doing there. I did hear his drivers and they were very smooth and detailed. He compared them to the TAD 4001 and he preferred his JBL 2440Be over the TADs.

Widget
    I would like to hear a proper be phragm in my fav compression driver!

Im thinking the price would be 500 or better per diaphragm! Quite expensive, but I could try one and see what it does! Let me get open, and running first, though!
    scottyj

They produce!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gonzales
    Widget, I know a guy that rolls his own too, but not Be. . What a super idea and I agree that this combo would be to die for. Nice of you to offer this item.

BTW:Hey Scotty j, you would really have some output with those SIX 2395's huh?
    I run six 2395/2441J,s on 1 Crown D-150A! 3 per channel.
    scottyj

Thread Information