Thread: Bernard's S/2600 Thread

Bernard's S/2600 Thread

I am posting this for Bernard Wolf... He may like to comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, Bernard and Mr. Widget.

Reviewer got the compression driver diaphragm backwards, but the principle is clear.

I certainly agree about the "locked image" effect. It is quite delicious and compelling:

Quote Originally Posted by rloggie
    As eveyone is bound to comment on, the imaging was very good. Lots of speakers image well, but these imaged well anywhere within the outside boundries of the speaks edges inward. In other words, one can walk around within the soundfield and the singer or insturments stay put. I commented that it had a live caberet sound. Picture sitting at a table off center of the band but you still know where each player in the band is located. That's about the best I can discribe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec
    Yet even after hearing all these latest setups, I'm still drawn to the mini-Everests - there's no describing that sound-stage, and when it's not there, I find I somewhat miss it. Didn't even listen to them this time, and found myself yearning.
    Indeed....

Well done Mt. Widget ... finally... I've beent trying for a couple of years to get this post up. Takes someone with some real computer savvy of which I apparently have very little.

This article was my second introduction the S/2600/3200 the first being a small blurb in one of the British mags the year they were inaugurated and the 3100 won a Japanese Stereo Sound "Product Of The Year " award. I lusted after them immediately but the price was way out of my range. Somehow though, the Audio Gods smiled on me. After buying a pair of Lowther TP1 corner horns at a garage sale for $100.00 and parlaying them into $5000.00 - after about 100 hours of refinishing/rebuilding work - I found my 3100's right here in Montreal for an equal amount of money ! That was about 6 or 7 years ago and I have never looked back. I really cannot imagine any other speaker - within reason - doing what these do for me.

The reviewer, Dominic Baker is now the chief engineed/designer at JM labs - I do believe - for whatever that is worth.

Hope you all enjoy the review. Thank you ever so much Mr. Widget, you're da man !

Bernard
    JBL S3100, VPI HM19 MKIV w/SAMA, Moerch UP4 ,Hana ML cart, Blackdog VTP , Audio Note M2 line stage, Perreaux PMF 1850.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Wolf
    I've been trying for a couple of years to get this post up. Takes someone with some real computer savvy...
    Don't look here... I am all thumbs when it comes to computers... maybe I just have better software? I have no idea why, but I had no problems... glad I could help.

Widget

Thread Information