Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Array Product Release

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Okay, I'm going to go to the store in San Gabriel when I go to one of my warehouse/offices up near Alhambra. I was told by a reliable source that I might at least find some TiKs set up there. I'll report back.
    Hi Ti D...

I called them...San Gabriel...only Northridge on display.

Maybe we should all get together and open a JBL Super Boutique and take over the marketing of JBL Consumer...or set-up Factory brick and mortar stores like Bose does...oops just gave JBL Consumer a great idea. Do ya think they're lurking in here?
    Edgewound...JBL Pro Authorized...since 1988
    Upland Loudspeaker Service, Upland, CA

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Im sure that guys like GT among others would love nothing better than to do exactly that!
    of course the whole point for a company like JBL is to make money and I'm sure they've given a lot of thought as to what to make.

2 channel is out more and more each day and HT is in.

somehow pleasing a bunch of old JBL groupies on this forum may not be part of their plans.

but you have to wonder what's in the back of GT's mind. He really had to push to get the 250's to production from what I understand.

Maybe, maybe not.....

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    of course the whole point for a company like JBL is to make money and I'm sure they've given a lot of thought as to what to make.

somehow pleasing a bunch of old JBL groupies on this forum may not be part of their plans.

but you have to wonder what's in the back of GT's mind. He really had to push to get the 250's to production from what I understand.
    Great point! But if 2 channel is so out more and more each day, why is there so much outrageously high end, and expensive 2 channel gear made today?

Read Stereophile magazine, I mean there is more esoteric 2 channel gear available now, then there was in the days when 2 channel was really it!

Then you have speaker manufacturers like B & W and Wilson Audio making house priced speakers, in the most elegantly made cabinetry as well!

They say there is no market, but they make alot of stuff for a dying market, dontcha think?

The vinyl record did in fact die, so now there are more turntables and arms and cartridges available today then there was 20 years ago, to satisfy this "dead" market!

:dont-know
    scottyj

I have a feeling the MBA marketing geniuses are milking the China connection while the profits are still obscene. But those MBA's should go back a couple decades and learn some long-term lessons from the american auto industry...but what am I thinking? The MBA's job is to look for a higher paying job after padding his resume with the current job...not customer satisfaction.

Great point! But if 2 channel is so out more and more each day, why is there so much outrageously high end, and expensive 2 channel gear made today?

Read Stereophile magazine, I mean there is more esoteric 2 channel gear available now, then there was in the days when 2 channel was really it!

Then you have speaker manufacturers like B & W and Wilson Audio making house priced speakers, in the most elegantly made cabinetry as well!

They say there is no market, but they make alot of stuff for a dying market, dontcha think?

The vinyl record did in fact die, so now there are more turntables and arms and cartridges available today then there was 20 years ago, to satisfy this "dead" market!

:dont-know
    yes, the Stereophile group is still alive.........

Its not just the Stereophile group either!

Seriously, I go shopping for brand new vinyl every couple of weeks! Dance music still needs the vinyl sound!

But I run into young people who never knew the power of vinyl and analog audio, until they heard it, and didnt understand why this old, obsolete stuff sounded better than what they grew up on!

Now these kids seek out vintage items on Ebay, such as amps and speakers and turntables, etc! But my point is they have become aware! These young people may not be earning $250,000 a yr right now, but many of these kids are in school, and are possibly our future doctors, lawyers, mega buisinesspeople, politicians etc! They buy cheap now, but what will they spend when they have the means to do so? They will buy what they love, if they can afford it, so there is a market, afterall!

And If the auto industry is any indication, just as they purchase high priced luxury or sport cars when they can afford, so too, will they purchase what they consider amazing sounding audio for their homes when they have the means to do so!

My opinion!
    scottyj

yes, the Stereophile group is still alive.........
    Yes...and I don't think there are many things in life more serene than dimming the lights, enjoying a nice glass of wine, sitting back and absolutely getting lost for a while in great music played back on a fine stereo system...is there? "Theater of the Mind" as Jim Ladd calls it.

Isn't that what we love here?

Oh yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    Yes...and I don't think there are many things in life more serene than dimming the lights, enjoying a nice glass of wine, sitting back and absolutely getting lost for a while in great music played back on a fine stereo system...is there? "Theater of the Mind" as Jim Ladd calls it.

Isn't that what we love here?
    A few drinks, dim lighting, Marvin Gaye comes on, next thing you know you have her bent over the couch..... Ooops, wrong forum, sorry!
    scottyj

You see.....

A few drinks, dim lighting, Marvin Gaye comes on, next thing you know you have her bent over the couch..... Ooops, wrong forum, sorry!
    A " MINT " pair of JBL L-300,s can actually make this exact thing happen!

Now watch the Ebay prices of L-300,s shoot through the roof.
    scottyj

I go to the AES show in Manhattan! Every time JBL has a booth with a static display!
    Last October the AES Convention was held here in SF and they had a listening room off the main floor where you could demo the full line of LSRs and LSR subwoofers that were set up with a mixing desk. They sounded pretty good too!

Seems that JBL is only marketing to the masses at Best Buy and the Life Styles of the Rich and Famous -nothing in between.
    I guess marketing folks at JBL aren't so dumb after all... our current economic reality is such that the two extremes are the growth areas.... the middle is shrinking.

Widget

OK

But that was in SF! What about us, here in NY? We like California sound, too!

scottyj

I was trying to be sincere Scotty....but...I like your idea too

Yo

Quote Originally Posted by edgewound
    I was trying to be sincere Scotty....but...I like your idea too
    It IS sincere! It does happen this way! I like my idea, too! Thats why Ive done it! Nothing like Marvin singing "Lets get it On" and a little Hennesy, and.........
    scottyj

Project Array Update

The first production run for the new Project Array Series will be in early October. The quantities will be very small at first. The intended audience will be Europe and the U.S. through the Synthesis distribution chain. They will initially be special order for HT customers. There will be two finishes. One is black gloss over a zebra wood grain and the other is a dark brown/red over mahogany.

Tentative MSRP schedule:

1400 Array - $5,500 each
    1000 Array - $4,000 each
    800 Array - $3,000 each
    880 Array - $3,000 each
    1500 Array - $3,500 each

Pre-production information provided for the Lansing Heritage Site courtesy of James B. Lansing Sound, Incorporated
    People who make sound their business depend on JBL for their sound.

Well, well!

Quote Originally Posted by DRG
    The first production run for the new Project Array Series will be in early October. The quantities will be very small at first. The intended audience will be Europe and the U.S. through the Synthesis distribution chain. They will initially be special order for HT customers.

Tentative MSRP schedule:

1400 Array - $5,500 each
    1000 Array - $4,000 each
    800 Array - $3,000 each
    880 Array - $3,000 each
    1500 Array - $3,500 each
    Sounds good! Some availability is cool!

Pricing is in line with current pricing from other manufacturers, like B & W!

I did have a good summer, maybe I do need a new pair of speakers for the living room afterall!

scottyj

Thread Information