Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I've attached a picture of it for reference. Technically, if you're using two amplifiers, you are bi-amping. But you're right, the 250ti/Jubilee doesn't have the inductor defeat switch the XPL-200 has. With that in mind, is the inductor found in the 250ti/Jubilee as detrimental to the bass as it is with the XPL-200? The bass of the XPL-200 flat out sucked unless bi-amped. It was just there. Bi-amping with an active crossover brought it to life, made it authoritatively tight. Well, as good as that 'lil 12" could do.
As described so simply in the L7 Owner's Manual Supplement, there are many forms of bi-wiring but none of them are true bi-amp. My only experience with bi-amped JBLs is with my 4345 which were built intentionally to delete the bi-amp switch so they must be bi-amped. Which requires an electronic crossover. I'm not familiar with the XPLs to know if they work the same way as the L7 but it seems from your message that they have a switch where for the L7 an internal wiring mod must be made to properly bi-amp them. Not sure what's required to achieve the same advantage on the 250Ti.